The difference between nitrile gloves and latex gloves
In the world of disposable work gloves, there are two giants. They are nitrile gloves and latex gloves. These gloves are used in a wide variety of applications. Because of this, many users don't know which type to choose when choosing labor protection gloves. Below, let's briefly analyze the advantages and disadvantages of the two, and how to choose.
Pros and cons of both:
1. Nitrile gloves: Material: NBR, nitrile gloves are a kind of synthetic rubber, the main components are acrylonitrile and butadiene. Advantages: non-allergic, degradable, pigments can be added, and the color is brighter.
2. Latex gloves material: natural latex (NR) advantages: good elasticity, degradable. Disadvantages: some people have allergic reactions, and the color is single.
2. The difference between the two: 1. Material difference Latex gloves are also called rubber gloves. Latex is a natural material derived from the sap of rubber trees. Natural latex is a biosynthetic product. Due to different tree species, geology, climate and other related conditions, Their composition and structure can often vary widely. In the fresh latex without adding any substances, rubber hydrocarbons only account for 20%-40% of the total, and the remaining small amount is non-rubber components and water. Non-rubber components include proteins, lipids, sugars and inorganic components, some of which form a composite structure with rubber particles, and some of them dissolve in whey or form non-rubber particles. Nitrile is an artificial rubber, mainly synthesized from acrylonitrile and butadiene, and is a key material for organic synthesis and pharmaceutical intermediates.
2. Classification and distinction Latex gloves are divided into ordinary type with powder and purification type without powder, and smooth surface and pockmarked surface are non-slip. Nitrile gloves are divided into anti-slip palm matte surface and anti-skid matte-tip matte surface, anti-skid overall matte surface, generally powder-free.
3. Hypoallergenic latex gloves contain protein, which is prone to allergic reactions for people with allergies. Nitrile gloves do not contain protein, amino compounds and other harmful substances, and rarely cause allergies.
4. Degradability Both latex gloves and nitrile gloves can be degraded, easy to handle, and conducive to environmental protection.
5. The toughness and abrasion resistance of puncture-resistant latex gloves are slightly inferior to those of nitrile gloves. Nitrile gloves are three to five times more puncture resistant than latex. For dentists who need to use sharp tools, using durable nitrile gloves can create a safer barrier in contact with patients.
6. Elastic latex gloves are soft and wear-resistant, and their elasticity is better than that of nitrile gloves.
7. Fits the hand because nitrile gloves contain butadiene monomer, which makes it a flexible rubber that allows the wearer to experience the best tactile sensitivity. Additionally, the fit is due to its good thermal conductivity, an attribute that provides excellent flexibility, which is especially important for medical professionals or those handling small parts or tools. 8. Price Because the chemical resistance and acid and alkali resistance of nitrile materials are much better than those of latex, the price of nitrile gloves is higher than that of latex products.
9. Color: Pigment can be added to the nitrile material, and the color is brighter. Can relieve the patient's tension. In addition, because of its silicone-free composition, nitrile gloves have certain antistatic properties, low chemical residues on the surface, low ion content, and small particle content, and are suitable for strict clean room environments.
three. How to choose between the two is recommended to choose according to the application environment and industry, as follows:
Hygienic cleaning: In the process of cleaning and sanitation, to prevent hands from being damaged by chemicals in cleaning products and from infection by pathogens, it is recommended to use nitrile gloves that are resistant to chemicals.
Maintenance industry: Because during the maintenance process, grease, engine oil and other solvents in equipment and transportation vehicles will be touched, in order to protect the safety of hands, it is recommended to choose nitrile gloves.
Printing industry: Because printing requires the use of chemicals for labeling, and these chemicals usually contain emulsions, inks, oxidants and various solvents. Disposable nitrile gloves can prevent chemicals from harming workers' health, such as nervous system damage caused by penetration into the skin.
Food industry: Nitrile gloves are comfortable to wear, suitable for long-term wear, and available in a variety of colors, ideal for food processing and food service industries.
Hairdressing industry: Nitrile gloves are comfortable to the hand, suitable for long-term wear, and are also an ideal choice for