Labor protection gloves material introduction
Hand protection mainly uses protective gloves. There are about a dozen kinds of insulating gloves, acid and alkali resistant gloves, welder's gloves, rubber oil resistant gloves, waterproof gloves, anti-virus gloves, anti-static gloves, anti-cut gloves, etc. the
Aiming at various hazards existing in the working environment. Different glove types are available. the
The material of the glove determines the protective performance of the glove. Is the basis for glove selection. The following introduces several commonly used glove materials.
1. Glove material for mechanical injury
(1) Metal wire - common stainless steel wire. Also available in chrome wire. Mainly used to make cut-resistant gloves. These materials are the most cut resistant.
(2) Synthetic yarns such as Kevlar and Spectra - are also good synthetic fiber cut-resistant materials. Although the cut resistance is not as good as that of metal wire. Comfortable to use. And it has been improved and processed. Some products are also able to achieve the highest grades of the Cut Resistant Product Standard.
(3) Nitrile (with fabric lining) - has anti-abrasion and anti-puncture properties. Flexible and comfortable to use.
(4) Natural latex (with fabric lining) - has excellent elasticity. Especially flexible. It has certain wear resistance, tear resistance and cut resistance.
(5) PVC (with fabric lining) - can provide certain abrasion and puncture protection. If the material is thicker. It can also have a certain cut resistance. But not tear resistant.
(6) Leather - natural material. Through various tanning treatments. Has unique properties. Leather can be divided into: cowhide, its advantages are comfortable, durable, breathable and wear-resistant, chrome-treated, more durable, and can resist high temperature; pigskin, with large pores, the best air permeability, can still maintain good after washing Sheepskin is the most comfortable, durable and wear-resistant, but because it is too expensive, it is generally only used in industries that require high touch.
2. High temperature resistant glove material
(1) Novoloid - a new type of high-tech synthetic fiber, non-melting, flame-resistant, high-temperature resistant, can withstand high temperatures up to 1100 ° C, soft and comfortable. And it can resist the erosion of many chemical substances. Even after repeated washing, it will not affect its high temperature resistance.
(2) Kevlar——is a widely used aromatic synthetic fiber. Not only cut resistant. It can also resist high temperature damage.
(3) Aluminum-plated material - can resist high temperature radiant heat.
(4) Skins - if kept dry. It has good low temperature resistance. At the same time, its non-melting and non-flammable characteristics make it often used to make welding gloves.
(5) Cotton - also a natural material. Provides proper protection from high and low temperatures. However, due to the need to meet the protection requirements. Gloves are thicker. The flexibility is not good enough.
3. Gloves resistant to electrical damage Electrically insulating gloves must be specially designed and strictly tested. to ensure safety. Usually electrical insulating gloves are made of pure natural latex. Latex is divided into dry glue and wet glue. Insulated gloves made of wet glue. The processing cycle is longer. Production costs are high. But the elasticity of the product is particularly good. It is very flexible to use. In addition, due to the particularity of live work and the characteristics of electrical insulating gloves themselves. when wearing such gloves. Put on pure cotton gloves (sweat-absorbing, non-slip) first. Put on latex gloves again. Lastly, put on protective leather gloves. Avoid being punctured by sharp objects.
4. There are many kinds of chemical substances in the material of chemical resistant gloves. Different in nature. Special attention should be paid to the selection of chemical resistant gloves.
(1) Natural latex - generally speaking, natural latex has a good protective effect on aqueous solutions, such as acid and alkali aqueous solutions. Its advantages are comfort, good elasticity and flexible use.
(2) Butyronitrile - oils, fats and petrochemical products for chemical substances.