Types of disposable medical gloves
Since the outbreak of the new coronavirus pneumonia, disposable medical protective equipment has received widespread attention. In order to popularize relevant standard knowledge, this article interprets the relevant national standards for disposable medical gloves and conducts a brief comparison of relevant indicators at home and abroad.
1. Types of disposable medical gloves
1. Disposable medical gloves can be divided into two categories according to the invasiveness during use:
(1) Disposable medical examination gloves: used for short-term non-invasive aseptic operations in patient care (generally less than 60 minutes). Because they are only suitable for short-term operations, inspection gloves are usually thinner and not as strong as surgical gloves, and the force requirements for tearing and elongation are lower than those for surgical gloves;
(2) Disposable surgical gloves: used for invasive surgeries. The force requirements for tearing and elongation are more stringent than for examination gloves.
2. Disposable medical gloves can be divided into two categories according to the materials they are made of:
(1) Gloves made of rubber latex or rubber solution;
(2) Gloves made of polyvinyl chloride;
Among them, rubber latex or rubber solution medical gloves can be subdivided into:
Category 1: Gloves mainly made of natural rubber latex;
Category 2: Gloves mainly made of nitrile rubber latex, neoprene latex, styrene-butadiene rubber solution, styrene-butadiene rubber emulsion or thermoplastic elastomer solution.